Sunday, December 02, 2007

Zanahoria Grande or Big Carrot

The other day, I went to the feria or market here in San Jose. I should have taken my camera. There was this huge table stacked about two feet high with a bunch of these huge carrots. I bought one just to see if it tasted any good. It was just like a regular carrot, but it was huge.

Chaz thought it was awesome. So, I had him pretend to put it into his mouth while I snapped a picture of it. He couldn't stop laughing.

It's amazing what you can find at the feria. There is this fruit that looks really disgusting, but it tastes really good. When you open it, the fruit (that you eat) inside looks like snot. I'm not kidding! If this type of stuff came out of my son's nose, I would put him on an antibiotic. For me, it is hard to get past what it looks like to eat it. Sherry and Chaz love them. I finally gave in to the peer pressure of Sherry, and I tried it. It really tasted good, but I think I will stick to the pineapples and bananas.

Sometimes, there are things that don't appear to appetizing. In other words, we don't really want to do it just because it seems too difficult, or maybe, it doesn't look inviting. There are things in my life that I thought I could never do. I remember thinking about 12 months ago that there is no way I would every be able to speak Spanish. Well, a little over two weeks ago, I preached my first sermon in Spanish. Was it perfect? No, but God helped me do it, and I actually preached in Spanish. It didn't seem possible. It seemed too difficult, and I knew it was going to take a lot of motivation and hard work. With God's help and a whole lot of patience from my teachers, I can honestly say that I can communicate (a little) in Spanish.

So, if there is something difficult, and let's just say it, ugly that you are facing today, have a little chat with God. Ask for his help and jump right in. Who knows? Maybe you will find it is much better than it first appears.

Blessings to all,


Charley

No comments: