Saturday, November 17, 2007

Trust or Stupidity

We took our last little trip with our Costa Rican friends to Arenal. On the way home, we saw this big, bungee-jumping tower. We pulled over on the side of the road, and I snapped a picture of this guy jumping with a bungee cord wrapped around his ankles. At the bottom, there was a pool of water. He went about waist deep into the water and up and down. Now, I don't know about you, but I don't think I could do this. I don't know if this man had placed his trust (not to mention his life) in the hands of the owners of the bungee cord, or if he was acting with stupidity.

Now, I am not using that word to be mean, and I am not trying to put him down at all. To me, I do not know if I could place my life or the lives of my family in the hands of someone else. I am not afraid of heights, but I am terrified of the landing:)

It made me think of our life here on earth. We can act with stupidity and place our lives and souls in the hands of the owner of the bungee cord of lies, deceit, wickedness, worldliness, false idols, discontent, and disunity. You know the enemy I am talking about. He seeks to destroy our lives through many deceitful ways. Sometimes, he comes at us full force, and we know he is seeking to harm us. Other times, he sneaks up on us by using people to speak into our lives things that can harm our spirit. It's kind of like the bungee cords. You never know for sure if they are going to keep you from hitting the ground. Why place your trust in something that ends uncertainly?

Or, we can place our trust in Jesus Christ. We can place our lives and souls in the hands of the owner and creator of the universe. The creator of unity, truth, love, honor, justice, peace, Godliness, and contentment has made it simple for us to make sure we are safe. You don't need to climb the tower, strap on some unsafe bungee cords, and jump off the tower to find excitement in your life. The only true, pure, and everlasting excitement is a relationship with Jesus Christ. If you are not sure, just keep reading our blogs and see what God is doing in our lives. Why not place your trust in Jesus Christ today? Step out in faith and see what He can do in your life and through your life.

Maybe God has asked you to step out in faith and do something you don't think you can do. You cannot do it at all, WITHOUT GOD. Seek God's heart, seek God's face, and let Him work through your life today. Who knows? Maybe you won't need a pool to keep you from hitting the ground because you won't have to jump from a tower to feel excitement.

Blessings to all and Happy Thanksgiving,

Charley

No comments: