Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ministry in Paraguari


It has been a long time since I last blogged. I hope that you all will be able to read this one sometime soon. I will attempt to do more blogging this week as we are preparing for another drama, and I am preparing to teach Evangelism to some amazing young people who are preparing to enter the ministry here in Paraguay.

The first picture above is of me, preaching in a small church in the interior. The city is called Paraguari. It is in a beautiful area of Paraguay that has "mountains." I wrote mountains in quotes because they are really just small hills. The people there love to climb them and picnic on top. It is much cooler up there than it is down below. Notice the towel in my hand. I have handkerchiefs that I carry, but they are not sufficient. I sweat a lot, normally, but when it is over 100 degrees and 80% humidity outside, and I am preaching inside a church with a metal roof, I sweat even more :)
This picure is of Chariti with her new friend, Bélen, the oldest daughter of the pastors of the church. It was fun watching them talk and visit in Spanish. All three of our kids are doing well in Spanish. The girls are a little more timid to speak to people in Spanish. Chaz, of course, can communicate in whatever language. He is even able to communicate a little in Guarani. Chariti, again, handled all of the props for the cast. She did a wonderful job keeping everything in order and ready for the next person in the drama.
Here is Chaz with the pastor's son, Silas. They spent the night together at his house on one night, and Silas spent the night at our house. They had a lot of fun. We are planning to take a trip up a river with them to visit little island villages where they don't have much. Chaz and Silas will be running all over together and making friends wherever we go. Chaz ran all of the lights, except for the spotlight, this time. He did a great job!
Here is Sherry getting ready for the first practice. She is amazing! She ran the video, sound, and kept Chaz on point with the lights. I could not do any of this ministry without her. She is doing well! She is still attending classes with the pastor's wives at the Bible school. She is making a lot of new friends, and God is openning up more places to minister and ministries to get involved with through this valuable time at the Bible school. All the pastor's wives just love her, and they enjoy spending one day a week with her as their classmate. I miss her when she is gone, but I know that God is really using her and helping her to make a lot of new friends.
Here is Kaylee. She is such a trooper. She was up high, in amazing heat, running the spotlight. She climbed up that ladder for the final practice, and the three nights of the drama. She did a great job, and she survived. The last night was really hot. She wasn't feeling too well. I was worried that she might not make it. Before we started the drama that night, we prayed for her, and she made it through. God is good, and He helped us all during this one.

I will update more on the drama in the next blog. Thank you all for your continued prayers. We really do feel them. I remember, as I was growing up, I would hear missionaries tell us that they felt our prayers wherever they were. I never understood what they meant until the past couple of years. EVERY time something difficult comes up, we really can feel them. We feel God's hand working through us and for us. So, I want you all to know how much we appreciate your prayers. YOU ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN PARAGUAY!

Blessings,

Charley

No comments: