Saturday, August 09, 2008

More Pictures of the Medical Clinic 2 (or is it 3)



I promised that I would add some more pictures from the medical clinic. Here are some more. I was translating for a nurse named Don Williamson. He is a really nice man who was patient with me as I tried to translate for him. Sometimes, I would forget to tell him what the people were saying. For example, I like to talk to people. I can't do it as well in Spanish, but I still attempt to do it. I like to get to know people more than anything else. I love hearing and telling stories. Usually, if there is a child around, you can find me talking with them, playing with them, or just goofing off with them. Well, it was no different during this clinic. I really enjoyed getting to know many of these families. Being a missionary opens up many doors of communication. People will talk to you and tell you things that they would never tell their family or friends. Sometimes, it is sad and difficult to hear, but it is a great opportunity to share the love of Jesus. I would get so wrapped up in the conversation that I would forget to tell Don what they were saying. I apologized many times to him because of forgetting to translate.

There is also another picture of Sherry consulting with one of the doctors and another nurse about a patient they took care of. Also, you can see the back of Chaz in one. He loved helping out in the pharmacy. His favorite job was cutting the pills in half. They had these neat, little chopper things that cut right thru a pill. He also enjoyed visiting with the pharmacist and the ladies working with him.

Please continue to pray for us as our ministry continues to grow and expand. Sherry is receiving more invitations to sing. I keep receiving invitations to preach. Also, I will be teaching a theology class at the Bible school beginning September 8. Please pray that I will learn more than enough to be able to teach it correctly. I probably will be spending 12 hours of teaching time, alone, on the doctrine of God. Teaching on the Trinity (in Spanish) should be really interesting.

Blessings,

Charley

No comments: