Monday, February 25, 2008

Ministry in Caaguazú

I don't have a picture for this blog. All my camera accessories are still packed away, and the battery is dead on the camera. So, I wasn't able to take any pictures, and I wasn't able to find my charger before I left. 

This past weekend, I went to a town called Caaguazú. It is about 2 1/2 hours from Asunción and about 2 hours from Ciudad del Este on the Brazilian border. Frank Kendrick, our leader in Paraguay, had a mission's convention at a small church called Sanidad Divina. I am guessing that means Divine Healing. It is an Assemblies of God church.

I did not misspeak when I wrote "mission's convention." Yes, we did a mission's convention in Paraguay. When we arrived here, we found out that in the past 3 years Paraguay has sent two missionaries to Spain, and they are raising support for a third missionary to Tunis in North Africa. Isn't that amazing? God is moving all over the world to send missionaries all over the world. 

It was a great weekend. We had a service on Saturday night, Sunday morning and Sunday night. I understood most of what was going on, and I had the opportunity to give a short greeting and testimony on Sunday night. At the end of the service on Sunday night, Frank took up Faith Promise cards. God is so good! This little church in a poor country (the average income per month is less than $300), with the help of God, promised to give almost $100 per month in the support of missionaries. WOW! I was so honored and thrilled to see this. 

Also, 15 young people came forward to dedicate their lives to missions. Some felt a call to specific countries like China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and others. Some felt called to help raise more money for missionaries. The mission's program in Paraguay is still very new, but God is already taking what little they have and multiplying it to send people all over the world.

If they can do it in Paraguay, than anyone can do it in the United States. If your church does not have a mission's program, start one. Even if it is just you for now, start one, and let God work miracles in your life and in your church.

Blessings,

Charley

No comments: