Friday, October 12, 2007

Friendships/Amistades

Friendships are important in life. When we first came to Costa Rica, we did not know anyone. Now, we have several friends from Costa Rica.
On the top left are sisters, Francini (right) and Natalia (left). This picture was taken on Chariti's birthday. Can you believe Chariti is 14 years old now? I know, I cannot believe it, either. The little baby is Fabiana. Isn't she adorable? I am her Gringo Uncle. She loves when I hold her and talke to her. She has me wrapped around her little finger. The picture in the middle is my friend, Randy. I call him "big" brother, and he calls me "little" brother. The picture on the top right is Fiarella. She is the oldest daughter of Francini. Fabiana is her baby sister.

The picture on the bottom left is my friend, Jose Antonio. He has helped me tremendously with my Spanish, and he has taught me a lot about Latin American culture. On the bottom right is one of our teachers and a good friend of ours, Roxanna. She is a riot! We have lots of fun with her and her husband, Jose Antonio. They live in Ciudad Colon, and we visit as often as we can. She can flat-out cook! Wow! We eat more than well when we visit there home. They have three children: Marianell, Jose Andres, and Gabriel. If you would, add their names to your prayer list. They have such big hearts, and they really want to minister to as many people as they can. Their immediate nees are health for their children, money for a micro-bus for taking people around Costa Rica and teaching them about their country, and another prayer request is for their business. There is a piece of land near their home that they would love to purchase. They want to use this land to build a cabin. They want to use this cabin to bless missionaries and students while they live here in Costa Rica.

Friendships are very important in life. Friends help us through tough times. In fact, a true friend loves us when we are ugly and when we are beautiful. A true friend will not kick us when we are down. A true friend will not put us down or build us up too high. These people are examples of true friends, and I am proud to call them my friends. They have blessed our family in more ways than I can count, and we are going to be sad to leave them in a couple of months.

Blessings,

Charley

No comments: