Monday, March 19, 2007

Just Another Monday


It's just another rainy Monday! I think that is in some song or something, isn't it? Anyway, we had a weird Monday. The kids didn't have school. I don't know why, but their school canceled today. So, we had a strange start to the day. I had forgotten about it until around 7 this morning, and the kids didn't get on the bus and go to school. So, it was not a routine day. They all went to school with us. Chaz hung out with David Figueroa, and the girls hung out with Priscilla Perez (two other MKs here). {They also had supervision, I just don't know how to spell their names.}

Then, throughout the entire day, it was rough. It just felt off. I couldn't speak correctly in English, so you can imagine what my Spanish was like. It was pretty interesting. I did learn some new concepts, but I felt like I couldn't say anything correctly.

My mom told me there would be days like this! Another song? Anyway, I know there will be days like this. How do I handle this? What do I do? A couple of posts ago, I talked about trials. So, I should probably do what I talked about, huh? Keep on keeping on.

When we finally got home about 5 p.m. (it was a long day), things started to turn around. I understood my homework and got it done pretty quickly. I practiced phonetics, grammar, and interaction. We had a good night at home, and we spent some quality time playing games together. The kids were all happy, and we had a friend come over and visit (her name is Monica, and she is a MA to Mexico). She has become a close family friend. The kids all call her sister.

God is good. In the midst of struggles, He gives you peace. He lets you know that He is there, and He will take care of you. Please let the Author of Peace enter your life, love you, and give you peace.

Blessings to all who read this,

Charley

No comments: